RESTORING MORE THAN PROPERTY
Flooding. Fires. Windstorms. Hundreds of thousands of clients rely on BELFOR Property Restoration each year to rebuild their lives, homes, and businesses. We're Restoring More Than Property.
With BELFOR specialists in every major metropolitan area in the USA ready to respond 24/7/365, we provide the fastest, highest quality service that's unmatched in the industry.
The right response team can mean the difference between recovery and total loss. In the midst of chaos, you need an experienced company with a proven track record and solid relationships with leading insurance providers.
BELFOR is looking for qualified candidates for the following position. BELFOR team members are a unique breed, committed to restoring not only property, but restoring lives for those affected by disasters, large or small.
This position is responsible for providing operational support in mitigation efforts for clients. Qualified candidates must have the ability to perform tasks related to pumping and extracting water, as well as mold removal, and must use various types of specialized equipment under supervision. This position represents level 2 in the progressive itinerary of Water Damage.
- Must be able to receive the instructions provided by the team leader.
- Know and understand the MSDS protocols for the chemical products used during mitigation processes.
- Perform daily inspections of vehicle safety and maintenance and keep these clean and in perfect conditions of use.
- Attention to details.
- Must demonstrate mastery of the Book of Damage Caused by the Water of BELFOR.
- Under supervision, you must demonstrate understanding and proper use of the scraper and rinse rod, the weighed trawl, the weighed extractor, the water extractor, the portable extraction unit and the appropriate legal discharge and drainage systems. Water.
- Under supervision, you must build adequate containment systems, using appropriate calculations and equipment (Neg Air, HEPA vacuum).
- Properly use cleaning / disinfecting solutions and debris removal techniques from confined areas.
- Use under supervision appropriate lifting techniques, sliding pads, polystyrene foam blocks; take care and protect the personal belongings of the client.
- Under Supervision, you must properly remove the vapor barriers, remove and label the recoverable cuttings, make holes for air to flow, install an Injectidry system, a Directed-In system and an Octi-Dry system, use non-penetrating and penetrating meters.
- The professional will be obliged to comply with the standards of BELFOR to safeguard the property of other people.
- Must have a deep knowledge of customer service, as well as the principles and practices of this.
- Ability to work with time constraints to meet specific deadlines.
- You will be periodically requested to travel and work at night and during weekends.
- You must inform in a timely and accurate manner about the time worked and the equipment and consumables used.
- Attend the operations sponsored by BELFOR and the security training courses that are necessary.
- Water pumping and extraction
- Mold remediation
- Moving & re-setting contents
- Setting drying equipment
- Antimicrobial applications as appropriate
- Vehicle safety and maintenance inspections
- Maintaining vehicles in clean serviceable condition
- Constructing polyethylene enclosures
- Removing and disposing of debris
- Maintaining equipment used in daily tasks
- Additional other duties as required
- Must be able to identify Product (consumables), usage and disposal requirements with training
- Must have knowledge of various pump systems
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per BELFOR's vehicle policy
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- English language literacy and fluency
- Frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs
- Occasional lifting from 41 lbs +, assisted (up to 50% of the time)
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling
- Ability to use mobile devices for collection of data and time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.