Project Manager - Retail
Larson Design Group (LDG) is an award-winning, employee-owned Architecture, Engineering, and Consulting Firm. Guided by our core values, we’re expanding our team, opening new offices, and adding new offerings to provide responsive, innovative solutions to clients nationwide.
Being 100% employee-owned directly impacts our culture: it drives our decision-making, motivates our teams, increases our productivity, improves retention, and contributes to the future success of our company. Our culture is one where we work hard for our clients and for each other – and we have fun collaborating, sharing experience and expertise, and learning along the way. We’re passionate about delivering exceptional quality, elevating client relationships, enriching the careers and lives of our employee owners, and enhancing the communities where we live and serve.
At LDG, we strive to create an organization where people want to work. We offer a flexible work environment, paid training for required licensures, competitive benefits, bonus plans, and a company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) while supporting your professional and personal growth.
Your Opportunity + Impact
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overall management of large clients and projects including design, communications, personnel management, budgets, schedules, quality control, business development, and client communication & relationships. This position will prepare and implement annual business goals and assist with multi-year strategic business plans for department. This position will also be responsible for overall personnel management of assigned team members.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation & modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Manages large clients/projects, strategic clients, and clients/projects which may require more complex, multi-departmental services exceeding $1M revenue; responsible for project profit objectives.
- Creates and tracks larger, more complex, and/or multi-departmental client proposals including writing scope, technical & price proposals, statements of interests, amendments, developing budgets & schedules, and identifying potential issues.
- Prepares workload forecasting reports.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, survey, and other rules, regulations, and permitting requirements.
- Possesses knowledge of Codes and Standards applicable to design of projects.
- Prepares technical and price proposals, statements of interests, amendments, and schedules.
- Promotes, utilizes, and supports quality assurance and quality control processes to improve the quality of deliverables and reduce design errors & omissions.
- Prepares, reviews, and coordinates contract agreements for projects. Signs contract agreement within the allotted parameters provided.
- Identifies new markets, develops leads & opportunities, performs business development activities, and pursues new geographies.
- Coaches, mentors, and motivates project team members and sub-consultants.
- Directs, mentors, and guides team members and staff; provides annual performance evaluations and career development plans.
- Manages project risk in accordance with company policy.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in position relevant Architectural field.
- Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years’ job-related experience.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Architect (RA) or other professional licensure in field of expertise strongly preferred.
- Advanced level of knowledge with MS Office, AutoCAD, Revit, Deltek Vision
- Must possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a Project Team, possess strong leadership & interpersonal skills, and strong time management skills.
- Must be able to interact professionally with clients, vendors, regulatory agencies, and other external sources in a professional manner.
- Must be proficient in public speaking, creating presentations, and delegation.
Larson Design Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization.