Want to expand your career in the automotive industry? Join Avis Budget Auto Team today!
- $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS*
(*Certain terms and conditions may apply.)
As an Automotive A-Technician, you will complete standard and complex repairs with no technical supervision on a wide variety of vehicle makes and models. You will diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, braking systems, electrical systems, and other mechanical problems. You will also act as a technical expert and resource to the rest of the shop. You may also perform preventative maintenance activities when needed.
- Complete standard and complex repairs as well as occasional preventative maintenance on a wide variety of vehicle makes and models
- Complete warranty repairs in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines and ensure proper documentation
- Ensure safe work environment and processes in and around our shops as well as follow all established safety procedures
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work is completed properly and in accordance with company's policies as well as manufacturer's standards
- Accurately and descriptively complete Repair Orders within electronic time management system.
- Properly maintain necessary equipment and tools
- Stay current on mechanical bulletins, manuals, and training to maintain up to date knowledge of vehicles
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Automotive Fleet Maintenance Manager or shop lead
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Minimum 3 years of automotive experience and minimum 5 ASE certifications required
- Previous OEM Dealership experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to interpret and understand complex documented standards and procedures including diagnostics, repair orders, maintenance, and repair manuals
- Ability to accurately document complex repairs
- Must possess all tools required for automotive maintenance and repairs
We will provide training and guidance as you move forward in your career to include a number of educational ASE certification opportunities and manufacturer training that will develop your skills, keep you current with modern technology, and prepare you for advancement.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear/listen
- Enter and exit vehicles
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Mechanical shop/bay area exposed to indoor/outdoor weather conditions
- Moderate-high noise level
What's In It for YOU…!
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Training opportunities
- ASE certification reimbursement
- 401(k) (eligible after 1,000 hours of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (eligible after 90 days of service)
- Employee discounts; Vacation car rental
- And much more!
Drug screening is a part of our hiring process.
Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we're always looking for passionate, innovative people to help us shape the future of our industry. Join us to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees, and a world of opportunities.
Avis Budget is an equal opportunity employer – Male/Female/Veterans/Disabled.
NOTE: The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.