This position is posted as a range. The responsibilities and accountabilities listed below represent the Designer level. Qualifications, education and experience will be considered in determining appropriate classification.
Perform daily work activities with general supervision. Work activities to be performed include: computer aided drafting to prepare maps, sketches, schematics and other engineering related drawings. The position includes associated clerical work to properly manage and document the work activities performed, as per AEP requirements for the positon.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Assist senior designers with creating and modifying three line diagrams, AC & DC schematics, wiring diagrams, cable schedules, relay schematics, or other equipment schematics.
- Work with the latest standards to create drawings for a given project
- Set up layouts for plotting using existing drawing templates or develop new templates as required
- Use ProjectWise for project documentation to track all design modifications and new designs with assistance by higher level designers and engineers.
- Support the creation, revision, and maintenance of facilities and equipment documents; including but not limited to construction, equipment, property documents and records.
- Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals and site visits.
- Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Work with other organizations of the Company to coordinate the work and assure that it is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Read vendors' prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into the work being performed.
- Assist in training AEP employees in basic skills of the position.
- Promote and support the Company's Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior as outlined in the AEP corporate policies.
- Support the AEP Corporate Compliance policies.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.