Requisition Number: CONCR01402
The incumbent will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of a ready mix concrete batch facility and its employees. This role is classified as safety sensitive.
- Manages and operates a concrete batch plant to produce ready mix concrete, loading products correctly into trucks for delivery to our customers.
- Responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of all batch plant operations.
- Troubleshoots and repairs breakdowns.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor.
- Fosters teamwork, positive work environment and overall safety of yourself and others.
- Trains new employees.
- Supervises employees while at the plant site to ensure they are working safely and efficiently.
- Records data such as inventory, maintenance sheets, and environmental reports.
- Ability to proficiently operate front bucket loaders, fork lift and skid steer.
- Other duties as assigned
- On time delivery
- Quality product
- Customer satisfaction
- High efficiency
- Work Standards
- Continuous Improvement
- Initiating Action
- Contributing to Team Success
- Managing Work (Time Management)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must hold valid CDL with a clean driving record
- Ready-mixed concrete experience required
- Concrete batch experience preferred
CERTIFICATION/OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Mathematical reasoning
- Judgement and decision making
- Critical thinking
- Reading comprehension
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Inductive reasoning
- Time management
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climbing stairs/ladders
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk and lift heavy objects (50 lbs)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.