We Are Hiring
Market Chief Financial Officer - Tulsa, OK
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
The In-market CFO is a Catalyst/Strategic Leader, responsible for developing new business models for current and future changes to health care economics. Keys to the success of this position will be strong strategic skills, leadership ability, and knowledge base to help 1) integrate various Ascension-wide strategies; 2) minimize impact on financial performance through understanding of the clinical processes and market shifts; and 3) develop business models for strategic opportunities including new ventures, partnerships, and continuum of care business development planning and expansion.
- Provide leadership in ensuring that Ascension lives its mission through excellent stewardship of the system's resources.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team and participate in development of the organization's vision, policies and short/long-term objectives.
- Recommend strategies based financial, accounting and industry trends.
- Serve as liaison on financial matters among Board of Directors, executive leadership, management, financial institutions, and regulatory agencies.
- Establish measurements of productivity and assure that standards are maintained.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Provide a single, reliable source of financial data and analytics.
- Review financial information, analyze variances, recommend & implement plan of action to correct areas of concern.
- Anticipate and address financial, strategic and operational issues and opportunities.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to all leaders within the market and Ascension.
- Employ deep financial expertise to deliver service-oriented, highly responsive results and share information transparently.
- Understand the changing health care economics and needed business model changes.
- Develop business models for current and future opportunities including new ventures, partnerships, service line growth and management and capital investments.
- Understand market shifts and related physician relations dynamics.
- Develop key payer strategies and opportunities.
- Understand the business, clinical and administrative capability to deliver risk based contracts.
- Understand clinical processes, variations and impact on financial performance.
- Understand consumerism impacts from pricing and narrow networks.
- Participate in continuum of care business development planning and expansion.
- Strategically use information provided by decision support systems.
- Analyze physician alignment arrangements and associated strategic opportunities.
- Integrate various Ascension-wide strategies.
- Serve as a source of shared learning and best practices and act as a highly responsible steward of Ascension's resources by fostering dialogue, providing the necessary analyses.
- Embrace spiritual formation for personal leadership and provide a work environment that supports spiritual and professional development of associates and team members.
- Demonstrate, and expect others to demonstrate, the personal and professional behaviors consistent with Ascension's mission, vision, and values.
What You Will Need
Master's Level Degree required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Partner and interact with operational and strategic leader
- Strategize and manage physician relations, contracts and compensation
- More productivity/cost analysis
- More quality and clinical integration
- Serve as “connector“ role for various shared services
- More community and board engagement
- Build associate talent
- Develop and cultivate new payer strategies
- Provide better projections, budgets and ISOFPs
- Demonstrates Financial Acumen
- Makes Effective Decisions
- Displays strategic influence
- Leads organizational change
- Financial communication, consultation and collaboration
- Understands cause and effect of operational changes
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Understands the healthcare industry and business model
- Critical thinking, analysis and presentation of data #le@der2020
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law“ poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)