At World View, we believe in hiring the best, brightest, and most passionate people on earth. We think big, and we believe in the power of bringing together great people to change the world in a very tangible way. Very few companies do what we do – we are pioneering a new economy based on operating in the stratosphere. In doing so we are creating new business models, new technologies, and new disciplines. We embrace the challenge of solving problems and do so through a desire to do the hard things right. We recognize that the most innovative solution will emerge from a diverse team. As we move forward, we will strive to constantly stay at the forefront of new technologies and business models with our creative culture.
If you're ready to write history with us, we want to hear from you!
World View is currently seeking a Systems Modeling Scientist to lead the efforts of a brand-new Simulations/Modeling Team. This individual is responsible for leading the efforts in system and simulation modeling for projects ranging from Fleet Management Systems, Balloon Systems and Cloud/Atmosphere projects. A qualified applicant is someone coming from a background in Modeling and Simulation using Physics and Applied Mathematics, whether that is educational or professional background.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Create physical system models to solve problems across various engineering departments
- Build tools to support the pre-processing of simulation parameters and the post-processing of simulation results
- Analyze the effect of changing parameters of a single or multiple system on the overall system behavior
- Work with multiple engineering departments to understand respective physics and collect data for system modeling
- Couple the effects of different systems on the Stratollite platform including Balloon Systems, power systems, and payload components
- A proven track record of technical capabilities in system modeling and simulation
- Capability to define appropriate targets and goals, using a range of strategies
- Experience resolving issues through appropriate analysis and design modifications
- Strong experience in scripting simulation workflows with varying availability of documentation
- Experience of optimization methods and software
- Experience with MATLAB and a Scripting language (Preferably Python)
- Experience with a Model-Based Design approach, preferable HIL and SIL testing
- Some knowledge of scripting for simulation process automation
- Master's degree (Preferably PhD) in an engineering discipline
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments
- A passion for creative engineering and problem solving