Requisition Number: SOFTW01018
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, debug and review source code.
- Develop and review software requirements and design data.
- Integrate software with existing systems.
- Perform software change impact analysis.
- Independently estimate and complete work assignments in a timely manner.
- Follow established software development processes and procedures.
- Work effectively with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to apply basic skills in C/C++ or an equivalent programming language.
- Ability to apply basic understanding of computer science fundamentals in data structures.
- Ability to apply basic understanding of computer science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Ability to apply basic understanding of computer architecture concepts.
- Basic ability to logically and systematically troubleshoot a problem.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient with personal computers and computer operating systems.
- Proficient with software development environments, programming and debugging tools.
- Ability to apply understanding of version control systems.
- Ability to write professional correspondence and effectively communicate information to other employees in English.
- Ability to apply understanding of mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, probability and statistics, logic, sets and number systems).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to assimilate information from diverse sources to form a complete situational picture and develop a plan of action to accomplish a task.
- Ability to use process of elimination when diagnosing problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- One or more years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience developing real-time embedded software applications.
- Experience developing software in the aerospace, automotive, medical or maritime industry.
- Experience or familiarity with DO-178B/C.
- Knowledge and experience with Object Oriented design concepts.
- Skills in assembly language, C#, Java, Perl and/or Python.