SAS Programmer. We have a contract opportunity available in Tucson, AZ for a skilled SAS Programmer who will be responsible for supporting statistical programming activities for registrational and non-registrational studies. Participates as part of a study team and contributes towards developing, validating, and documenting programs written using SAS software to meet the study needs. In this role, you will be accountable for the implementation and delivery of complete and accurate data and reports to support regulatory submissions. Organizes and facilitates programming tasks to ensure timely study deliverables.Essential Functions:
- Functions as a point of contact for programming related tasks for assigned study.
- Under general guidance, develops and modifies SAS programs to analyze and evaluate clinical data along with assessing data accuracy and consistency.
- Develops source and analysis datasets to support the analysis of clinical trials data.
- Generates tables, figures, and listings to support clinical study reports and electronic submissions.
- Validates, documents and archives single-use programs as per department SOPs under proper guidance.
- Leads data discrepancy process within a study.
- Reviews outputs to ensure consistency across programs within study.
- Reviews and provides input for CRFs, edit check specifications, and table mock-ups.
- Review, maintain, and approve study documents per standard procedures.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment to consider and determine appropriate solutions/actions to a range of problems.
- Participate in the development and/or maintenance of departmental procedures and standards.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in scientific discipline.
- Minimum: 2 years’ experience as a statistical programmer using SAS in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics or medical device environment.
- Preferred: 3 or more years’ experience as a statistical programmer using SAS in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics or medical device environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS macros, and SAS/GRAPH.
- Familiarity with statistical software, statistical analyses and databases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.