Title Research Specialist, Senior (Part Time/Full Time)(ETE) Department Chemistry & Biochemistry - Sci (2536) Location Main Campus Position Summary
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (CBC) is looking for a Research Specialist, Senior in the Sanov Laboratory, who will be responsible for performing photoelectron imaging experiments. This position will last for one year.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position. For further details on this type of position at the University of Arizona, please click here.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
The University of Arizona is in the process of creating a new classification and compensation architecture. This University Career Architecture Project (UCAP) will revolutionize the way we think about professions and manage compensation at the UA. It is a two year initiative that will replace the current classified staff and appointed professional categories of employment with market-based job functions and families. As an applicant, UCAP will create clearer career paths and opportunities and will help you make more informed pay decisions. To learn more about this project, please visit ucap.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform photoelectron imaging experiments on negative ions, as directed.
- Assist the PI in the preparation of scientific manuscripts
- Perform complex statistical analyses which includes selecting appropriate analysis procedure, setting up data for analysis, judging validity and reliability of data, designing and writing programs to perform the analyses and producing written reports on the result of the analysis.
- Co-authors or authors research papers and manuscripts for publication and presents them at conferences and workshops.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Minimum Qualifications
Please see Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications below.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Master's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three years related research experience; OR,Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and four years related research experience; OR,
Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience in photoelectron imaging spectroscopy
Full Time/Part Time To be determined. Number of Hours Worked per Week 20 - 40 Job Category Research Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits FLSA Non-Exempt Posted Rate of Pay $52,000 Annually (to be prorated by FTE) Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number S28086 Number of Vacancies One Desired Start Date 11/18/2019 Position End Date (if temporary) 11/18/2020 Limited to Current UA Employees No Contact Information for Candidates
Open Date 11/04/2019 Review Start Date 11/12/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant Quick Link for Internal Postings Diversity Statement
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
• Where did you first learn about this position?
- Arizona Daily Star
- Arizona Republic
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Department of Economic Security (DES)
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Local Job Banks
- Pima County One-Stop
- Professional Conference
- Professional journal/publication
- Referred by UA Employee
- Invited by Dept to Apply
- UA Website
• Do you have a Master's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three years related research experience; OR,Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and four years related research experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter