Title Postdoctoral Research Associate I (Temporary) (Multiple Positions) Department Chemistry & Biochemistry - Sci (2536) Location Main Campus Position Summary
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Arizona is seeking motivated Postdoctoral Associates to work in the laboratory of Dr. Ludwik Adamowicz on development of scientific algorithms. This is a temporary position, that may potentially be extended based on the needs of the Adamowicz Lab.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop algorithms for calculating relativistic and QED corrections to the energy level of ground and excited states of atoms and molecules using the the wave functions expanded in terms of explicitly correlated Gaussian functions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Good mathematical and computational background.
- Ph.D. in Quantum Chemistry.
- Ability to carry out complex mathematical derivations.
- Ability to write computer programs in Fortran or Pyton where the derived algorithms are implemented.
- Knowledge in utilizing parallel computer platforms.
- Skill in using Unix.
FLSA Exempt Full Time/Part Time Full Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 40 Job Category Postdoctoral Research Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits Posted Rate of Pay DOE Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number P20924 Number of Vacancies Multiple Desired Start Date 01/02/2020 Position End Date (if temporary) 07/02/2020 Limited to Current UA Employees No Contact Information for Candidates
Open Date 11/07/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Review Begins On 11/14/2019 Special Instructions to Applicant Diversity Statement
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
• Where did you first learn about this position?
- Arizona Daily Star
- Arizona Republic
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Department of Economic Security (DES)
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Local Job Banks
- Pima County One-Stop
- Professional Conference
- Professional journal/publication
- Referred by UA Employee
- Invited by Dept to Apply
- UA Website
• Do you have a Ph.D. in Quantum Chemistry?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae