Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) Quality and Mission Assurance (Q&MA) Functional Learning team executes strategies that enable Q&MA specific organizational priorities and capability growth needs, works with leaders throughout the Q&MA organization as well as collaborates with Learning and Development leaders throughout RMD and the enterprise.
Q&MA Learning Specialists are responsible for the effective execution, facilitation, and delivery of Q&MA business acumen courses as outlined by Q&MA, RMD and RTX Learning and Development, as well as the onboarding of new or new to job employees with job-specific items according to the RMD Operations Strategic Learning Plan. This role will assist in developing and organizing Q&MA job-specific development and certification programs aligned with technical acumen, career and professional growth, and retention of Q&MA employees. These activities require a high degree of strategic and visionary thinking, innovation, influence, and collaboration across the organization, as wells the ability to execute the tactical requirements associated with learning events. The incumbent manages assigned learning and development projects effectively and, in partnership with the Q&MA L&D Lead, makes informed operational decisions, determines scheduling requirements, and provides input into associated budgets.
This position reports directly to the RMD Q&MA Talent Strategy Manager within the Quality Excellence Center and executes the following:
- Drive the employee experience while advancing the Q&MA Learning and Development brand
- Facilitate professional development programs
- Assist in the creation of functional, technical, and professional learning content and programs
- Manage and execute team priorities and ensure efforts create sustainable value
- Manage learning and development programs
- Assess learning needs and align learning solutions for current and future business requirements, create and obtain leadership approval of functional strategic learning plans
- Communicate the Q&MA learning strategy in a way that drives a consistent approach while ensuring awareness of programs and processes across all levels of the organization
- Assist in the develop of business cases to support strategic learning investments
- Conduct briefings to key leadership and executive stakeholders
- Evaluate, through defined metrics, performance change and the resulting business impact of learning initiatives, making adjustments as necessary to learning programs
- Assist in managing the governance and documentation for RMD Q&MA learning requirements and audits
- Attend Learning Council meetings; Act as a proxy to Q&MA voting member on the RMD Learning Council
- Candidate may also perform coaching, mentoring, and training administration duties as necessary
- This position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- 10 years of professional experience in design, development, delivery or evaluation of learning or leadership initiatives in a deadline driven, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in design, development, and delivery of initiatives such as Business Cases, Product Development strategies, Training Programs, Process Improvement, Diversity & Inclusion, etc.)
- Previous responsibilities must include delivery of presentation and plans, with experience MS Office and Microsoft Power Point proficiency.
- Experience in an leadership position influential across multiple organizations and levels (Ex: Training, Project Management, Development, Change Management,
- Bachelor's degree (Education, Business Administration, Human Resources, Organization Development, Organizational Leadership, or related fields).
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience of teams of 10+ employees or 6 years of experience in an influential capacity
- Experience in group facilitation with an emphasis on learning transfer
- Well versed in instructional design concepts and processes
- Strong understanding of adult learning theory
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills
- Expert level Microsoft Power Point skills
- Experience assessing competency gaps and implementing resources to quickly accelerate necessary leadership, professional, or technical development
- Experience and ability to partner with business leaders to shape learning requirements based on Operations vision, strategy and objectives
- Demonstrated project management capability to maintain established budgets, timelines, requirements and ensures execution within approved parameters
- Ability to travel - up to 25% - 35% travel will be required
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to be effective in a highly-matrixed environment, to effectively collaborate and communicate with the key stakeholders in the business, Operations, learning organization; team player
- Working knowledge of learning measurement and evaluations processes
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, the business generated $16 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 30,000 employees globally. Raytheon Missiles & Defense is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
General Engineering, General Management, Information and Knowledge Systems, Intelligence Analyst, Logistics Management, Quality Assurance, Research & Development, Training & Development
Type Of Job
U.S. FLSA Classification