Title Lead Front End Developer ( Senior Web Developer) Department UITS-Student & Acad Technologies (9523) Location Main Campus Position Summary
University Information Technology Services (UITS) is seeking a candidate for the position of Lead Front End Developer(Senior Web Developer), to join the Academic Technologies team. Primary responsibilities include leading a group of front end developers to design, build and implement modern, responsive user experiences. Manage, coach, and mentor colleagues on best practices and development tools including coding, source control management, and technical reviews. Architect and design holistic front end technologies and systems to meet complex business needs and constraints.
UITS is a $60M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus' wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution. Also, UITS recently unveiled its next-generation high performance computing environment to support the computationally intensive needs of UA research faculty. For more information, please click here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please click here.
The University of Arizona is in the process of creating a new classification and compensation architecture. This University Career Architecture Project (UCAP) will revolutionize the way we think about professions and manage compensation at the UA. It is a two year initiative that will replace the current classified staff and appointed professional categories of employment with market-based job functions and families. As an applicant, UCAP will create clearer career paths and opportunities and will help you make more informed pay decisions. To learn more about this project, please visit ucap.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and leads the work of multiple front end developers.
- Provides training, direction, and instruction to front end developers.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements, and supports technical front-end solutions.
- Contributes to the development team by sharing knowledge, assisting others, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry.
- In partnership with UX designers create high quality front end designs to ensure solutions are fault-tolerant, scalable, reusable and meet requirements.
- Carefully aggregates, reviews, tweaks and improves the code before it's committed to version control management system.
- Test and evaluate interaction design and user experience of designs throughout Agile and Iterative development.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience working with the Angular or similar framework or libraries such as React.
- Experience with responsive UI design.
- Proficient with cross-browser development.
- Ability to present a prototype quickly.
- Ability to mentor and teach skill sets to other developers.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Strong multitasking and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, inductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Skill in designing, installing, configuring and maintaining computer hardware, operating and application systems and utilities.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience in related field AND minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in area of assignment which may include web site design/development, Front end development and/or UI Developer/Engineer OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Previous experience working with UX designers.
- Previous experience in implementing best practices for design, teamwork, and peer review of code.
- Some experience in agile and Iterative development.
- Skill in managing multiple concurrent projects.
FLSA Exempt Full Time/Part Time Full Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 40 Job Category Computer, Engineering and Technical Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits Posted Rate of Pay $60,000 - $65,000 DOE Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number A24294 Number of Vacancies One Desired Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Limited to Current UA Employees No Contact Information for Candidates
Open Date 11/07/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Review Begins On 11/20/2019 Special Instructions to Applicant Diversity Statement
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
• Where did you first learn about this position?
- Arizona Daily Star
- Arizona Republic
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Department of Economic Security (DES)
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Local Job Banks
- Pima County One-Stop
- Professional Conference
- Professional journal/publication
- Referred by UA Employee
- Invited by Dept to Apply
- UA Website
• Do you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter