Title Information Technology Project Manager Department UITS-Student & Acad Technologies (9523) Location Main Campus Position Summary
Do you have a Project Management experience with the integration of web-based applications and are looking to find “mission/purpose“ at work? We are looking for a great human being who is excited to improve the university's academic technology ecosystem. Our applications average more than 100,000 log ins daily. We serve more than 40,000 students, 2,000 faculty, and 10,000 staffs that are dedicated to educating students and improving lives. If this sounds like a team you want to join, please keep reading!
The Student and Academic Technologies department within University Information Technology Services (UITS) at the University of Arizona is seeking an Information Technology Project Manager. A great candidate must have Project Management experience working with a development team building web-based applications, helping to scope client requests into actionable builds, turning on or creating integrations between SaaS vendors, and implementing new products from SaaS vendors. We need someone with an experience in the technical lift of new applications, implementing upgrades, motivating staff and organizing stakeholders. Additionally, this candidate needs to be comfortable when participating stakeholders have a complex set of needs, participation strategies, and organizational authority. Helping to transform their ideas into action is a big part of the job.
The current list of applications this position would be assisting with are D2L (Brightspace), Zoom, Panopto, Apporto, Adobe Experience Manager, Examity, PlayPosit, TurnItIn, Turning Technologies, VoiceThread, and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
UITS is a $60M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus' wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution. Also, UITS recently unveiled its next-generation high performance computing environment to support the computationally intensive needs of UA research faculty. For more information, please click here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
The University of Arizona is in the process of creating a new classification and compensation architecture. This University Career Architecture Project (UCAP) will revolutionize the way we think about professions and manage compensation at the UA. It is a two year initiative that will replace the current classified staff and appointed professional categories of employment with market-based job functions and families. As an applicant, UCAP will create clearer career paths and opportunities and will help you make more informed pay decisions. To learn more about this project, please visit ucap.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and manages all phases of projects to ensure satisfactory and timely completion of deliverables and overall project.
- Participates in strategic analysis and initial proposal process for complex and/or large scale information technology projects.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules and status reports.
- Plans, develops, prepares and disseminates project communications to the multiple levels of the organization.
- Works with other managers and team leads to assemble, coordinates and assist project team members.
- Monitors team member performance and acts as technical resource.
- Coordinates procurement and contracting activities for assigned projects including development of requests for proposals, analysis of bids, and contract awards.
- Tracks and reviews vendor performance. May review and approve vendor payment requests.
- Reviews and responds to changes in project scope, resources or required deliverables.
- Shares project management knowledge to others and helps them incorporate project management approaches into their own work.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to leverage project management knowledge areas, project phases, and business analyst skills to improve project outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Skill in writing technical and non-technical project materials including project plans, timelines, and status reports.
- Skill in working effectively with a diverse client base.
Please see 'Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications' below.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Six years of progressively responsible information technology project management experience; OR, Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Technology or related field AND three years of progressively responsible information technology project management experience OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- PMP Certified
Full Time/Part Time Full Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 40 Job Category Computer, Engineering and Technical Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits FLSA Exempt Posted Rate of Pay $65,000 - $70,000 Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number S28116 Number of Vacancies One Desired Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Limited to Current UA Employees Yes Contact Information for Candidates
Human Resources Representative,
Open Date 11/06/2019 Review Start Date 11/19/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant Quick Link for Internal Postings Diversity Statement
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
• Where did you first learn about this position?
- Arizona Daily Star
- Arizona Republic
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Department of Economic Security (DES)
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Local Job Banks
- Pima County One-Stop
- Professional Conference
- Professional journal/publication
- Referred by UA Employee
- Invited by Dept to Apply
- UA Website
• Do you have six years of progressively responsible information technology project management experience; OR, Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Technology or related field AND three years of progressively responsible information technology project management experience OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education?
- Are you currently on University of Arizona payroll (student worker and employee positions) or in an official lay-off status with the University of Arizona?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter