Job ID: 176731
Location Name: AZ-Tucson (0480)
Address: 4500 N. Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 85705, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type: Regular
Job Function: Retail Operations
Under the direction of the SiJCP Regional Education Manager / Sr Regional Education Manager, the Area Education Manager will deliver the highest level of client experience, product, selling skills training, and education to all levels of Sephora inside JCPenney store teams.
- Evaluate, coach, and develop in-store teams through monthly visits to all stores assigned in a designated territory.
- Facilitate, present, and educate Science of Sephora 101/201, Sephora programs, and brand education modules off-site and in-store settings.
- The Implementation of existing and future product and selling skills training.
- Attend Train the Trainer sessions, up to 4x per year. Pro-actively develop product knowledge and selling skills. Ensure knowledge and skills are trained effectively to in-store teams.
- Provide feedback to Beauty Managers, Store Management, and Field Managers In-store, after all, training sessions.
- Provide in-store selling support during predetermined yearly periods.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with the Store Management team, Beauty Manager, Senior Education Consultant(s), Field Manager, Product Consultants, and Sephora freestanding partners.
- Demonstrate and model Sephora's client service standards at all times.
- Show respect, initiative, enthusiasm, teamwork, and flexibility.
- Represent Sephora and JCPenney professionally and ethically at all times, following all Sephora and JCPenney guidelines.
- Business Acumen: Analyzes and comprehend organizational goals and strategies. Applies knowledge of industry, market, and business trends to prioritize activities and take appropriate actions. Maintains and develops an effective network of business contacts.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Easily builds lasting, constructive, and mutually beneficial relationships with other individuals and groups. Establishes a two-way communication, creates environments that motivate greater productivity, and adapts their behavior to different people and circumstances.
- Managerial Courage: Deals with feedback in a manner that inspires accountability and self-redirection. Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable feedback to others at all levels.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven ability to successfully facilitate training sessions and demonstrated advanced presentation skills
- Experience with and a full understanding of the Sephora concept is preferred.
- Commitment to frequent travel (up to 80%), that can include round trip once per week for 3-4 weeks per month, and will also include overnight weekend, and extended stays.
- A valid Driver's License as there is travel that requires driving.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office preferred.
- Strong communication skills, and organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Able to lift and move 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.