Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
We are seeking highly motivated problem-solvers who love working with people and are passionate about sustainability and our impact on the world. Ideal candidates will have an upbeat attitude and drive to provide exceptional service.
- Take initiative to learn the company's products and processes
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, and chat in a fast-paced manner
- Support 50-100 customers during a typical day
- Devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise
- Assist customers in managing their online accounts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service role
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet
- Experience with Zendesk or similar customer-service software a plus
- Impeccable computer skills and knowledge
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Passionate about product knowledge and delivering a great experience
- Must be available to work out of our office in Tucson
- Energetic and excited about mission-driven work
- Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste
Details of Position:
- Full-Time Flex schedule (32-40 hoursweek)
- Position based in our Customer Care Center in Tucson, AZ
- Paid hourly starting at $15.00
- Open availability required (early morning, nights, and weekends - Exact work schedule will be provided before start date)
- PTO, 401 k, stock options, health care benefits, and a monthly $50 credit towards your Imperfect box!
- Paid parental leave available up to 8 weeks
- All offers subject to 30 day provisional employment period
- INTERVIEWING NOW FOR JANUARY START DATES
- Sedentary work; predominantly involves sitting most of the time.
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens; regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets also required
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.