Cake decorators create, decorate and sell bakery products, including cakes, special occasion cakes, cupcakes, snack cakes, pastries and muffins and other products.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Creating all varieties of cakes and cake products, by special order of using standard company styles and patterns.
- Answering phones and taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Maintaining bakery department's image for the highest quality and freshness.
- Controlling freshness by coding all products, rotating them and pulling any out-of-code merchandise daily.
- Wrapping, package and pricing all products accurately and legibly in accordance with established department procedures and guidelines;
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, processing checks, credit and debit cards, and refunds.
- Using scale printer machine, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance of and monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and work production areas.
- Displaying baked goods following bakery department and/or merchandising guidelines.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer's satisfaction.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18-years old and have 1-year of experience as a cake decorator.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.