A Business Development Manager is responsible for physician outreach and/or local EMS engagement. Based on market needs and leadership direction, this role will be specialized to service line development or EMS partnership development. In accordance with enterprise and local strategic priorities, this role will establish and foster relationships with physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, practice managers, schedulers and/or local EMS providers that best grow and develop Tenet hospitals and service lines. With the objective of increasing the selection of our services by providers, this role is primarily responsible for educating providers and/or local EMS companies on relevant hospitals, programs and other differentiators, as well as resolving client concerns related to hospital operations. All provider engagement, and work, to be done in accordance with the Company’s Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures, particularly those involving referral source arrangements.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for planning and conducting in-person visits, predominantly focused on key stakeholders at medical and surgical specialist physician offices as well as EMS providers throughout the defined market service area, in an effort to increase selection of hospital/market services.This role will receive ongoing guidance from Business Development leadership on providers of focus and productivity expectations.
- Evaluate and interpret current physician referral patterns and trends for market facilities’ service lines, ensuring understanding of market dynamics.
- Develop and gain support for business development strategies for target market and services, in collaboration with operational and medical leaders.
- Research portfolio of assigned providers to understand the decision making behind hospital selection. This information should inform provider engagement.
- Conduct face-to-face sales meetings with clients ensuring through understanding of the service line attributes, processes and outcomes to consumers.
- Complete follow-up meetings with physicians, practice managers etc. to ensure thorough understanding of the physicians’ desires, needs and obstacles to growth.
- Communicate feedback from clients and partner with the appropriate market/hospital resources to resolve issues to better serve our patients and provider partners.
- Prepare and present sales reports, identifying trends, lessons learned, opportunities and areas for improvement to achieve market goals.
- Continuously modify and execute business development tactics to ensure optimal business outcomes, based on feedback from clients and facility leaders.
- Maintain latest knowledge of the health system, hospital and provider landscape, relevant to your specialization, in your defined market service area.
- Document all client engagement in a timely manner on a daily basis in the defined CRM tool, including outcomes and required follow-up.
- Support the implementation of key initiatives that require relevant network development, as directed by the Group Vice President and/or CSO.
- Perform all duties with consistently high ethical standards and strict adherence to company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of experience in a field related to health system physician relations, pharmaceuticals, or medical devices
- Exhibited success in a marketing/sales role
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel up to 5% of time