Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
Casper’s Retail story began in 2017 with The Casper Wake-Up. Alongside its success, Casper opened 15 pop-up shops across the U.S. After an exciting beginning with Retail, Casper opened its first permanent store in NYC in 2018, and announced the plan to open 200 stores across the country and in Canada. Join the Dream Team as the Casper family continues to grow!
Nuts and Bolts:
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service and sales acumen to be General/Store Manager. You will drive the growth of Casper in your respective market. You will develop a customer centric environment and a consultative sales culture. You are passionate about people management and recognize that getting the best from your teams requires leading by example, active coaching and investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales plans and increasing Casper’s market penetration rate.
- Oversee Store P&L and achieve EBIDTA targets by managing payroll, other operating, visual and marketing expenses.
- Oversee management and movement of inventory to minimize carrying costs, reduce cost of goods and improve store productivity.
- Create business driving strategies and Quarterly/Annual business plans, which may consist of identifying marketing opportunities, new selling/clienteling strategies, event calendars, sale target setting and regular business reviews with leadership
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection and relation of our brand and brand values.
- Evangelize the Casper mission of sleep and increase customer awareness
- Protect and enhance the Casper omni channel customer journey.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are communicated back to the Casper organization
- Recruit, retain and develop a unique talent pool through continuous daily networking and interviewing prospective candidates.
- Develop, coach, and mentor a world class service-minded and high performing team.
- Foster an inspiring environment of engagement and learning, empowering team members to realize their full potential.
- Ensure that all training and development programs are implemented and monitored for success.
- Perform annual performance evaluations for direct reports while overseeing the process for the entire store.
- Maintain performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement.
- Maintain safe working conditions and facilities maintenance.
- Build and promote strong collaborative relationships across the fleet and HQ.
Our dream candidate has…
- 5+ years minimum experience as a people leader in a retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense.
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment – understands the importance of experimentation and iteration.
- Fluency in Salesforce preferred
- Ability to lift at least 50lb
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Willing to relocate for growth opportunities