About Nortek Air Solutions: Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low sound levels. They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar and Ventrol Air Handling Systems.
- Perform time studies of wide-ranging products throughout all manufacturing processes
- Perform statistical analysis and set benchmark standards from studied data
- Under technical guidance and supervision, create value added processes to meet production needs and reduce costs for multiple projects and priorities.
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may include a variety of complex features, system interactions, and unique materials.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Create Value Stream Maps of site manufacturing processes
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve problems throughout the manufacturing process
- Identify manufacturing assembly process improvements
- Identify root causes and solutions for manufacturing assembly quality issues
- Maintains an attitude which consistently represents the organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core attributes
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination
- Basic understanding of statistics
- General knowledge of process mapping
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited 4-year Mechanical, Manufacturing, and/or Industrial Engineering program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated, creative, and enthusiastic to learn
- US Citizen
- Autodesk Inventor experience or training is preferred
- Full-time availability for year-long project
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.