JOIN AN OUTSTANDING TEAM!
Marquis Companies has been in business since 1989. Marquis Companies is a growing and dynamic healthcare organization that employs several thousand employees across California, Oregon and Nevada. Marquis Companies consists of: Post-Acute Rehab and Assisted Living Facilities, Marquis at Home, Consonus Rehab and Consonus Pharmacy.
As our HR/Staffing Director you will screen, staff, and schedule for most of the facility positions. In this position, you will be involved in human resources functions as well. This position is full-time with weekend/on-call responsibilities for call-ins.
Other essential duties may include:
- Create and maintain the clinical schedule for the facility (CNA's and Nurses).
- Ensure that the appropriate amount of staff are working on each shift of every day.
- Conducts recruitment effort for most of facility personnel. May write and place advertisements.
- Processes applications for employment by checking references and conducting Criminal History Records check.
- Interviews all potential employees for, or with, department supervisor.
- Processes all new employees; completes all change of status forms; conducts new employee orientation.
- Manage use of temporary labor to ensure that there is little to none in the facility.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Maintains employee database and directory.
- Assists department supervisors in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Monitors workers' compensation claims and coordinates work between employee and insurance carrier.
- Handles all unemployment claims; provides public information such as verifying employment.
- May coordinates benefit program and manages FMLA.
- Maintains permanent personnel records.
- Responsible for compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in personnel policies and procedures to insure proper compliance is followed.
- Coordinates drug testing and fitness determination appointments.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
In addition to a wide variety of career opportunities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that can include:
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life insurance, short term disability, AD&D coverage
- Flex Spending for Medical & Dependent Care
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Continual growth opportunities & up to $25,000 towards ongoing education
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee cell phone discount
- Vital Life Foundation contribution for non-profit Volunteer hours
Qualified candidates will have experience in a similar type of position to a Staffing or Scheduling Coordinator; preferably in a healthcare environment. A Bachelor's degree is strongly desired. Strong skills in organization, customer service and computer systems are required.