Responsible for a variety of cargo claims with a defined loss potential. Claims are evaluated and decision making is structured and objective according to company policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Investigate claims filed by customers, shippers, third parties and other carriers for freight loss or damage in an effort to bring timely resolution within the allowed guidelines and company policy.
- Examine claim form and other records to determine carrier liability, and measure of damage.
- Correspond by written or oral communications with claimant, terminals, and other carriers.
- Prepare written correspondence inclusive of reports, claim trends, or excessive claim payments to Claims Manager.
- Maintain and manage on ongoing caseload of claims plus other duties as communicated to you.
- High School Education or equivalent.
- Preferred skills include a background in business or transportation.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills in a professional manner.
- Ability to process documents in a numbered filing system.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Apply principles of legal thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret a variety of policy and procedural instructions in decision making.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer