Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 associates. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
St. Vincent's Special Needs Services is an approved private special education school that serves students from 3-21 who have significant multiple disabilities and complex medical needs. We are currently seeking an Education Assistant to assist with managing the daily activities of the assigned class.
- Assists with implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Interacts with children and parents appropriately. Provides carryover of therapeutic programs as needed.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment for the students. Follows all related policies and procedures.
- Data collection as instructed.
- Encourages student independence in communication, decision making and other activities.
- Implements activities that are consistent with student interests.
- Displays enthusiasm and appropriate energy level to maintain student's motivation, cooperation, and participation.
- Participates in arrival and dismissal practices; cleans/organizes classroom on a daily basis.
- Assist with ADLs
- HS diploma/GED required
- Previous experience with persons with special needs preferred
- Previous experience with special needs students in a school setting preferred
- Computer proficiency and keyboarding skills required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.