Lodging Front Desk (Truckee, CA, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Property Host is responsible for providing genuine and authentic guest service according to Northstar Lodging brand standards. The Property Host is also responsible for all closing reports for the hotel and the email distribution of such reports. The Property Host will complete all tasks each evening on the PM checklist and set up for success for the following day. The Property Host is responsible for solving all overnight guest issues to the satisfaction of the guest and to the hotel's standards.
Northstar Lodging is a Vail owned Property Management Company for Short Term Rentals offering over 100 properties at Northstar with a multitude of activities and amenities to offer. We cater to the guest of all types, especially families and weekend vacationers from surrounding areas. Northstar Lodging offers a variety of accommodations ranging from Studio Condos to 4 Bedroom Private Residences.
Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Support Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Maintenance teams as needed; acting as a hybrid role and liaison for the Lodging department.
- Complete all parts of Night Audit and closing checklist accurately and efficiently.
- Perform minor maintenance repairs (including but not limited to: AV help, PC lock help, toilet plunging, changing light bulbs, relighting pilot lights, etc.)
- Maintains a friendly and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Answer phone calls politely and efficiently to meet and exceed all guest needs and requests (including but not limited to: deliveries, room moves, housekeeping, and maintenance).
- Ability to sustain composure at all times and remain calm during difficult situations
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation
- Accurately and timely route all communication during an emergency situation
- Keep inventory and maintain housekeeping closets to ensure adequate supplies are available.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Valid US Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Work experience in a guest service facet, hotel audit preferred.
- Must have schedule flexibility for both AM/PM shifts, weekends, holidays, and long hours
- Ability to communicate in English effectively in both written and verbal mediums
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift, pull, and push moderate to heavy amount of weight (minimum of 35 lbs)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to multi-task
The budgeted range starts at 18.00 - 24.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 342052