Intermediate Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic (Truckee, CA, US)
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Responsibilities: As a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic you will perform vehicle repair and maintenance as assigned on a fleet of 150 pieces of equipment including but not limited to; light and heavy duty trucks, heavy/medium duty buses, UTV's, loaders, and snow removal equipment.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle systems including but not limited to: electrical, engine, steering, suspension, brakes (hydraulic and air) and air conditioning to required specifications.
- Perform vehicle 45 day and annual inspections to regulatory standards.
- Document all work completed in Fleet Manager program.
- Inspect and test vehicles to determine necessary and applicable repair work.
- Complete necessary paperwork and archiving to regulatory standards.
- Participate in on-going company and industry training and education programs, to maintain expert in the field status.
- Provide and maintain a basic inventory of required hand tools necessary to complete workload as described.'
- Keep shop work area clean, well organized, and free of spills or other hazardous situations that could cause injury.
- Heavy equipment or transit bus related repair experience
- Welding experience preferred
- Electrical / electronic troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics and hydrostatic drives
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (often works outdoors)
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
- Must possess high standard of reliability and conduct
- Work well with others
- Team player
- Have own hand tools
- Must be able to obtain California Bureau of Automotive Repair Brake and Lamp Certifications
- Must have reliable transportation
- Three years prior automotive and/or heavy duty equipment repair experience preferred
- ASE certification desired
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
Job Type: Full-time
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 379784