Applications are being accepted for the following vacancies for the Spring 2020 semester on the Adjunct Faculty staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Hudson Valley Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applicants from minorities and women.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a physical and background check.
Adjunct Instructor – Advanced Manufacturing
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college in Manufacturing Technology or Machine Tool Technology or closely related field and three years’ professional experience in the machinist or toolmaker trade. Ability to read engineering drawings with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards, plan machining operations, set up and operate full size industrial quality conventional and CNC machine tools including lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and surface grinders, and perform bench and assembly operations. Skilled in creating “G&M code” CNC programs and able to utilize CAD and CAM software. Applicant should have good communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft office products.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum qualifications plus participation in a NY State or Federal DOL accredited machinist or toolmaker apprenticeship. Training and experience setting up and operating various Haas CNC machine tools including 4 or 5 axis, using dynamic and 3-d milling, hand written G-code programs including through MDI and I/O transfer of CNC files, Haas compatible conversational programming; set up and operation of wire and sinker type electrical discharge machines, strong experience with Solidworks solid modeling software and Mastercam Cam software for lathe operations, 3-D and dynamic milling.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES: This vacancy announcement is to identify skilled instructors of modern machining processes who may be called upon to teach introductory or advanced, hands-on machining lab courses of the Advanced Manufacturing Technology degree program. Courses will generally be taught during evening hours, between 5pm and 11pm.
• Provide instruction in areas such as safety, use of hand tools and precision measuring instruments, cutting tools, material properties, machine tool speed and feed calculations, set-up and operation of full size industrial quality conventional and CNC machine tools, to include horizontal and vertical orientations, rotary attachments and various programming techniques.
• Evaluate student performance.
• Assure cleanliness and orderliness of AMT lab facilities utilized.
• Evening faculty shall ensure Lab tool boxes, storage areas and doors are closed and locked at the end of the class period as required by department SOP.
• Attendance at Department meetings, Advisory Board meetings, continuing of education and professional development is encouraged.
• At the direction of the Department Chairperson, faculty shall perform duties as specified in the Faculty Contract.
The Salary for this position is $1,136.00 per contact hour
Visit our Employment Opportunities page www.hvcc.edu/jobs to apply online before the close date of December 29, 2019
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer