Under limited supervision, oversees the day-to-day operations and coordinates the personnel, operational, clinical, and financial activities of Pharmacy Services at designated off-site facilities.
- Supervise the activities of subordinates related to the operational and clinical activities of Pharmacy Services for off-site facilities to assure safe provision of medications to patients.
- Draft / update policies, procedures, goals and objectives in collaboration with higher management input. Assist in the development, implementation and/or revision of department procedures/protocols in accordance with system-wide goals and objectives.
- Provide input for personnel actions including selection, retention, performance appraisal and separation.
- Integrate department measures with organization wide performance improvement efforts. Develop and test special projects. Assist in budget planning.
- Coordinate department activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, JCAHO requirements, and KCI's policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science or Doctor of Pharmacy degree required.
- Post-graduate residency training or fellowship desirable.
- Three to five years pharmacy experience required, preferably in a healthcare facility with previous supervisory / leadership experience preferred.
- Current Michigan RPh license or Michigan eligibility along with required Controlled Substance license.
- State of Michigan preceptor license preferred.
- Participation in professional organizations desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.