- The Powertrain Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for participating in a team of engineers responsible for the development of software for engine and transmission control modules.
- The Powertrain Embedded Software Engineer will perform software requirements analysis, design, coding, test plan creation, and testing for powertrain control features. Perform reviews and/or inspections for requirements, design documents, Simulink Models, C/C++/assembly code, and test plans. Create TargetLink Models.
- Interact with other department/vendors on eliciting requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics, or other related Engineering degree.
- Minimum 2 years embedded C/C+
• software experience (hand-coding), however, an advanced degree and/or academic research in a related field may count towards experience requirement
- Adherence to a defined software development process
New Preferred Qualifications:
- Powertrain software experience.
- TargetLink experience.
- Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow experience.
- Experience with Motorola/Freescale 32-bit processors.
- Experience adapting application software into vendor/OEM Software
- Experience with AutoSAR and/or dSpace's System Desk.
- Experience with Hard Real-time embedded applications. Familiarity with OBD II.
- Familiarity with microprocessor-based controls and development tools (emulators, debuggers, etc.)
- Ability to managing supplier software requirements and working with module and software suppliers, participate in code reviews and testing of supplier driver software, traveling to supplier locations.
Travel and Driving Requirements
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving
Altair Engineering Inc. is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product design and development, high performance cloud computing, and data intelligence. We enable organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future. We believe a critical component of our success has been our company culture, based on our core values of innovation, envisioning the future, communicating honestly and broadly, seeking technology and business firsts, and embracing diversity. With more than 2,800 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 81 offices throughout 25 countries. Altair serves more than 8,000 customers across broad industry segments. Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering. To learn more please visit www.altair.com