NDT Level 1 Digital Radiography
X-Ray Industries Troy, MI
- An NDT Level 1 shall have the skills and knowledge to set up and calibrate equipment, to conduct tests, and to interpret, evaluate, and document results in accordance with procedures approved by the responsible Level 3 with respect to applicable codes, specifications, and standards. The level I shall be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the test method and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job (OJT).
- Ability to follow work instructions.
- Have the skills and knowledge to process parts, document results and perform equipment standardization in accordance with approved work instructions.
- Have the skills and knowledge to carry out any necessary preparation of parts before or after inspection in accordance with approved work instructions.
- Have the skills and knowledge to conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard.
- Receive guidance or supervision from a certified level 2 or 3 in that method when necessary.
- When specified in the written practice and approved by the Responsible Level 3, may perform interpretations and evaluations of specific product(s) or product form(s) for acceptance or rejection in accordance with the approved work instructions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual shall have sufficient education, training and experience to ensure qualification in Radiographic Testing.
- Certifiable to Level 1 per the requirements of NAS 410 and XRI-2002, i.e., a minimum of 40 hours of formal training in RT and 400 hours of RT on the job experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.