NDT Level 3
- The NDT Level 3 Consultant will provide consulting services to customers requiring L3 services in all primary NDT inspection methods: ET, MT, PT, RT, UT &/or VTA commitment to customer service will be essential to be successful in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide L3 oversight to customers including but not limited to:
- Technical Procedure Development
- NDT Process Implementation
- NDT Engineering
- Employee Certification
- Process Control Documentation
- Process Auditing
- Nadcap Compliance Audit Preparation
- Qualifying for a Prime Specific Certification
- Radiation Safety support
- Root Cause / Corrective Action resolution
- Technique approval
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
- Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Knowledge of commercial and/or aerospace codes and standards.
- Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of X-Ray Industries. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills as well as basic computer skills (MS Office Suite).
- Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Continuous Improvement Philosophy
Education and Work Experience:
- High School diploma/GED
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience performing Level 3 duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in similar role/Aerospace Industry strongly preferred.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Current Level 3 Certification in MT, PT and VT.
- NAS410 certifications will be required
- ASNT certifications helpful although not required
- Level 3 UT and/or RT required
- Aerospace prime approvals will be required, such as: Honeywell, Rolls Royce and Pratt & Whitney
X-Ray Industries, an Applus+ company, is a well-established non-destructive testing service provider in the Aerospace industry. With over 75 years of experience, X-Ray Industries is the oldest, most-established NDT provider, offering a broad range of testing and inspection capabilities.