Production Assembler (Troy, IN, United States, 47588)
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Production Assembler III performs a variety of complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations, under minimal guidance and in accordance with company policy and safety procedures. Day shift position with a core workweek of Monday through Friday. Starting rate $17.61/hr.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations in accordance with company instructions and procedures
- Conducts inspections of own and /or other associates work to insure correctness in accordance with company and /or customer drawing
- Applies process specifications governing the production of product within an assigned cell
- Records production time and quantity data at the cell
- Assists with training /development purposes, with tasks in other production cells/locations
- Actively demonstrates all safety policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations is preferred.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Able to perform complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operation
- Capable of solving problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Skilled at simple welding tasks and/or brazing, or soldering
- Ability to read and interpret company documents, such as safety rules, operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures
- Good manual dexterity required to work with small parts
- Effective oral and written communication
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.