Quality Assurance Engineer
The QA Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing our comprehensive testing strategy for client’s product portfolio against aggressive delivery schedules. This role liaises with client project and engineering teams to develop, to define and write test plans, cases, results matrices, and validation plans. This requires performing functional analysis, designing test scripts, and executing tests in an integrated J2EE environment.
The QA Engineer role entails quality assurance leadership throughout the entire development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, development, manual and automated testing, and post-delivery test support. The individual will partner with development, product, release, and project management to understand business and system requirements to execute and deliver results following quality processes and guidelines.
About our Business:
client provides best-in-class payments and liquidity management solutions that enable banks to simplify their infrastructure and deliver effective digital transformation. Solutions are available on premise or in the cloud, scalable up and down, across functional and volume needs and offer unrivalled customer and segment personalization. All are based on a single real-time architecture, providing flexibility for a bank in setting the pace of its modernization. Leveraging the continuing investment from client and its world-leading client base, banks can rapidly achieve a measurable return on investment, increase strategic agility and operational excellence, optimize total cost of ownership and ensure regulatory compliance.
client solutions are underpinned by a strong track record of delivery excellence and a team of talented and trusted professionals who provide sector expertise and thought leadership. This drives client’s reputation as highly professional, long-term partners for global and local clients.
Find out more about what it is like to be part of the client team ...
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Review and analyze requirements and technical documents, where available, by implementing and conducting formal requirements walkthroughs/inspections.
• Learn, master and eventually take ownership of the internally developed test automation framework.
• Develop and execute test plans, test cases and scripts for technical testing.
• Define the scope and test approach/strategy for system, integration, data integrity and document the same.
• Perform end-to-end and technical testing, coordination with various teams as needed.
• Design manual UI test cases for system testing and document them in test management tool.
• Define, build, and maintain test data sets and reusable test data libraries.
• Log, track and manage issues throughout their lifecycle using JIRA.
• Manage test environment usage, including coordinating with the release management and admin teams, for all changes to the test environment during test execution (e.g. new code builds, patches, upgrades, etc).
• Facilitate test meetings with system, development staff and business throughout to coordinate reviews, planning, and execution.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
We are looking for an individual who is inquisitive and who is innovative in their approach on how to maximize quality. The successful candidate must be creative in their thought process, with the ability to think outside the box. You will possess a high level of commitment in carrying out the Company’s vision, mission and values. Other qualifications are:
• Working knowledge of Java and J2EE fundamentals
• Strong data testing – SQL database query tools
• Proven ability to create, design, and execute comprehensive and air-tight manual and automated tests plans, and automating regression test suites
• Proven experience with defect tracking applications (JIRA preferred)
• Familiarity testing within an Agile development environment desired.
• Excellent knowledge of quality assurance principles, techniques and tools.
• Solid oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels internally and externally.
• Possesses a positive, quality-oriented, reliable, and flexible attitude.
• Ability to hit the ground running with strong business acumen.
• Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly preferred
• 3 to 5+ years of QA experience.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.