Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Selling and Service
- Understands organizational objectives and makes decisions in partnership with the Store Manager that align with Company priorities and values
- Endorses, models and develops team to deliver Coach's Selling and Service expectations
- Enforces sales strategies, initiatives and growth across all categories
- Flexes store business strategies and personal selling techniques to contribute to overall store and financial results
- Maximizes floor supervisor role to deliver strong metrics and results driven through team selling and selling to multiple customers
- Sales/productivity goals: sets and communicates goals for the team in partnership with the Store Manager and/or District Manager, tracks store's performance at all times and achieves sales through team
- Productivity Management: holds management team accountable for floor supervisor productivity, personal productivity and management contribution
- Takes ownership and commitment for delivering results; actively aware of personal and store metrics and achieves goals
- Drives business through sales strategies, clienteling, sourcing new customers and maintaining on-going productive relationships with customers
- Develops a clienteling strategy in partnership with the Store Manager; implements and monitors strategy over time to achieve business goals and objectives in partnership with the Store Manager
- Understands changes in local market with potential impact on business performance and supports the execution of local sales strategies and tactics
- Builds credibility and trust as a personal fashion advisor to both team and customers by communicating fashion awareness and trends in the marketplace
- Creates positive impressions with store team and customers by bringing best self to work through elevated, sophisticated, appropriate business attire consistent with Coach's guide to style
- Acts as a brand ambassador in the local market/mall to drive brand loyalty and business (i.e. charity events, local associations, mall initiatives)
- Coaches team on how to incorporate trends into their selling experience with customers
- Influences customer's purchase decisions by balancing patience and assertiveness
- Sensitive to customer and team's needs and tailors approach by reading cues
- Resolves customer problems and meets customer needs in a timely manner through solution-oriented and forward thinking and partners with the Store Manager and/or District Manager when appropriate
- Encourages team to build long-term relationships with customers to drive business
- Develops both self and individual product knowledge skills and remains aware of current collections
- Works with the Store Manager and/or District Manager to protect and drive the needs of the business at all times
- Understands the positive sales impact staffing has on the business and recruits accordingly
- Coaches, develops and motivates the team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to meet goals and utilizing Company tools
- Ensures all daily tasks are completed without negatively impacting service of Coach standards
Workplace and Environment
- Creates enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and mission
- Leads by example
- Demonstrates confidence when leading the team and managing the store
- Takes initiative; has a high level of ownership and accountability for results of self and others
- Approaches challenges in direct and timely manner and partners with the Store Manager and/or Multi-Manager; may take action to course correct in the moment when appropriate
- Builds trusting relationships with peers and team
- Acts as advocate for the team and Brand
- Is adaptable and flexible to change
- Switches gears based on the needs of the business both seamlessly and pro-actively
- Welcomes feedback and adapts behaviors as appropriate
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Creates short and long-term strategies to achieve personal metrics and performance
- Uses available resources to make informed decisions and takes appropriate partners when necessary
- Utilizes Company tools to keep self-informed
- Delegates and empowers others
- Recognizes and values individual performance and communicates appropriately
- Evaluates performance of all team members and provides consistent and timely feedback; creates and modifies action plans for the continuous development of staff in partnership with the Store Manager
- Resolves performance problems using appropriate communication, coaching and counseling techniques
- Works with the Store Manager to create a talent bench strength by actively recruiting and interviewing candidates
- Recruits, interviews, on-boards and works closely with the Store Manager on strategies to retain top talent
- Manages daily operational tasks according to Coach standards including selling and service expectations, operations, payroll, human resources and loss prevention
- Demonstrates strong business acumen; strategically forecasts as directed by Store Manager, plans and budgets to the needs of the business (i.e. payrolls, staffing, etc.)
- Writes schedules to maximize business by scheduling right people, right place, right time as directed by the Store Manager
- Interacts and communicates with supervisor(s) on a regular basis to keep them informed
- Maintains interior and exterior upkeep of the building with partnership from the corporate office
- Understands and uses all retail systems and reporting tools
- Adheres to all retail policies and procedures including POS and Operations procedures
- Leverages Coach's tools and technology to support relationship building and clienteling efforts; including driving sales and achieving individual and team goals
Experience: 1- 3 years of previous selling experience in a luxury retail service environment preferred. Possesses current knowledge of fashion trends and competition in the marketplace.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Technical:Knowledge of cash register systems, basic computer skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, Mobile POS and Internet), utilize walkies, understand and read shipment reports, price sheets and product release sheets.
Physical: Ability to communicate effectively with customer and team. Mobility to maneuver the sales floor and stock room to provide and support customer service. Reach above/bend to obtain product for customers from store fixtures/shelves at various heights and climb ladders/stairs/step-stools to perform visual merchandising and housekeeping duties. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to five pounds and at times lift and carry product/cartons up to fifty pounds to process product shipment/transfers.
Schedule:Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, busy seasons, and high retail traffic and sales days (including but not limited to the day after Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, Mother's Day, etc.).
Note: This document serves only as a sample of the job duties and responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all performance requirements.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Req ID: 38386
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Brand Ambassador, Merchandising, Loss Prevention, Marketing, Retail