Requisition Number: ASSIS02899
- Maintain appropriate irrigation frequencies for all trial plant material.
- Measure and record insect populations weekly.
- Plant, space, prune and maintain trial crops as necessary.
- Apply pesticides to all crops of responsibility.
- Apply all plant growth regulators to all crops of responsibility.
- Enter experimental data into computer system as necessary.
- Participate in R&D Department meetings as required. Critical Knowledge
- Experience in horticulture or related field.
- Computer Skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to accurately gather and record data
- Ability/Tolerance to work outdoors in a greenhouse environment or in the field in South Carolina year-round.
- Computer friendly and quick to learn and adapt to software.
- Team player and willing to work together to achieve common goals.
- Ability to learn to operate environmental control systems and an understanding of greenhouse environmental management.
- Familiarity with proper moisture management techniques.
- Familiarity with proper nutrient management and testing procedures.
- Ability to acquire a pesticide applicators license/permit within ninety days of hire.
- Read, Write and Speak English.
- Lift fifty pounds.
- Walk, Bend, and Kneel unassisted