Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over 1.7M industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions and government agencies as well as consumers.
- Uses an RF scanner to determine the proper products to be moved, gathered, or distributed for completing customer orders.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets, shelves or conveyor belts based on the necessary route for either the packing station or shipping department.
- Operates a riding powered pallet jack and/or forklift to move products efficiently in a productive environment.
- Receives processed orders, verifies accuracy of order and scans order into computer system.
- Banding product securely to respective pallet using company standards to ensure our customers satisfaction.
- Utilizes machinery to shrink wrap products on pallets.
- Operates forklift and pallet jack to stage or load products as necessary.
- Loads orders safely and efficiently.
- Receives merchandise into the warehouse daily upon delivery.
- Unloads trucks and verifies inventory.
- Record and report discrepancies and/or damages as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies and skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have previous experience operating a gas forklift and electric pallet jack.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a Warehouse environment required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating an electric pallet jack required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience utilizing an RF Scanner required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis required.
- Able to stand, walk, pull and bending 100% of the day on a continuous basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have organizational and multi-tasking skills in fast-paced environment.
- Utilize various types of packing supplies to protect product on pallet for shipping.
- Reading and comprehension skills required.
- Must possess computer exposure.
- Strong initiative and self-motivational skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nearest Major Market: Trenton
Nearest Secondary Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Warehouse, Packing, Forklift, Manufacturing