- Implements and enhances clinical information systems and procedures based on user requirements through analysis and detailed functional specification of systems. Indentifies and implements systems that support more efficient and effective work performance based on inherent knowledge of clinical functions and processes while meeting organizational, regulatory, and accrediting requirements.
- Evaluates current nursing practice in accordance with nursing standards, including quality of care when evaluating or selecting systems. Utilizes the nursing process to design and build clinical applications for electronic documentation.
- Participates in all phases of testing through preparation of test data and scripts, development and execution of tests, verification of test results, and user acceptance sign off in accordance with system implementation standards.
- Initiates issues for resolution. Escalates and communicates status to Director on a daily basis in accordance with established policy.
- Fosters a positive learning climate through use of effective communication skills as well as hands-on training. Provides managers feedback on staff performance including additional educational needs identified. Utilizes various educational methods to ensure message is delivered and retained. Plans and participates in continuing education within the institution and the community. Evaluates all education programs and modifies as necessary.
- Maintains vendor and user relationships and communicates status and problems. Performs as a liaison between Patient Services and other departments establishing collaborative working relationships with managers and team members. Willing to provide constructive input as a member or leader of multidisciplinary activities.
- Participates in task force meetings or work groups. Writes minutes and vendor project correspondence and status reports. Keeps project plan up-to-date and manages timeline effectively.
- Participates in vendor demos, site visits, reference calls and completes demo scripts and reference call questionnaires in accordance with NI standards.
- Assists in conducting system investigation to determine general feasibility, cost, and alternative system solutions . Interviews users to define requirements and objectives of automation in accordance with established policy.
- Consults with management and senior staff to validate time-line and assumptions while incorporating validated information into project plan documentation. Supports departmental processes such as project management through project planning, problem resolution, change control, and quality assurance in accordance with established policy.
- Independently follows through on issues for resolution. Escalates and communicates status to director consistently and efficiently
- Conducts post implementation audits to evaluate and maintain maximum system usable and benefits. Collects performance improvement data, develops reports for data collection and system compliance. Works in collaboration with leadership in order to achieve organizational strategic goals.
- Communicates updates and new releases throughout the organization and provides training as needed. Ensures downtime procedures are maintained and policy is reflective of workflow processes. Assist in the training and competency of end users to prepare for planned and/or unplanned downtime to ensure business contigency plan is met
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, Master's degree and/or Informatics Certification a preferred.
- Five years nursing experience, acute care experience preferred. Three years clincial systems analyst and systems implementations preferred.
- NJ RN license
- Clinical and analytical skills. Proficient with database software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and respond quickly in a fast paced environment. Ability to work independently.
- Strong educator with presentation skills.