Requisition Number: REFRI01701
OUR TEAM IS OUR BEST ASSET
About West Liberty Foods
West Liberty Foods manufactures hundreds of meat and poultry products that can be found in well-known grocery stores and top restaurant chains nationwide. . We are The Surprisingly Big Company, and were right in your backyard.
Build your career with West Liberty Foods and be a part of an exciting, collaborative team environment!
We are currently hiring for:
Job Title Refrigeration FacilitiesTechnician
Job Summary: Refrigeration Facilities Technician is responsible for maintaining, operating, inspecting and repairing various types of ammonia refrigeration equipment, boiler equipment, well equipment, air compressor system and HVAC equipment and also testing and maintaining the chemical systems used in the refrigeration system and in the boiler systems. This position is also responsible for maintaining and repairing areas associated with the facility/building. This position may also assist in the Waste Water Treatment area of Utilities as needed.
- Perform PMs and repairs on compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, and other machinery included in the ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Replacement of defective mechanical and manual valves.
- Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals.
- Replace defective fan motors.
- Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem.
- Work in motor room, freezer, and blast cell areas.
- Drain oil from ammonia system.
- Fill out daily reports.
- Remove and reinstall ammonia compressors.
- Perform motor alignments by use of dial caliper indicators.
- Compressor and pump shaft seal replacements.
- Perform oil and ammonia sampling for analysis on a regular schedule.
- Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on the ammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies, and meeting work standards.
- Inspect and maintain the ammonia detection system.
- Ensure that all ammonia system safeguards are functioning properly at all times.
- Check integrity and tolerances by the use of a micrometer.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Ability to write SOPs, pump-down procedures, LOTO procedures.
- Remove and install 3 phase motors.
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Other routine work such as hanging plastic and handling roof concerns as needed.
- Participate in an active role on the HAZMAT team utilizing expert knowledge of the Utilities Department.
- Assist the PSM Coordinator to ensure maintenance and compliance with WLF PSM Program by following guidelines and standards in place.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or a minimum of 2 years of experience in mechanical/refrigeration/utilities field in an industrial or manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Able to successfully complete Ammonia Technician Operator Level 1 and 2 will be required.
- Working knowledge of ammonia refrigeration system is a must.
- Basic computer skills including Google Suite and L2L.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to cover other days and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to climb ladders and do work on aerial work platforms as needed.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to work in all types of conditions including cold work in the winter time and hot work in the summer time.
- Must be able to read and interpret P& ID drawings.
- Must be able to comply with a respirator fit test as part of the HAZMAT Team.
- Candidates must successfully pass post-offer/pre-employment drug test, background screen and physical.
West Liberty Foods/Liberty Cold is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online on our careersite at https://careers.wlfoods.com/.