Job ID: 61357
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Towson, MD US
Hours of Work: 7a-7p
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center is a member of the University of Maryland Medical System, a multi-hospital system with academic, community, and specialty service missions reaching every part of the state and beyond. At UM SJMC in Towson, Maryland, you can fit your job around your life. You'll find a tremendous variety of departments and units to choose from, and great managers and physicians to work with. At UM-St. Joseph, nurses and allied health professionals enjoy all of the advantages of working in a smaller, close-knit community hospital, located just north of Baltimore City.
- The MSICU serves a variety of patients, including those with complex medical conditions, general post-op surgery, and post cardiac interventional, and open heart surgery requiring intensive monitoring.
- Complex therapies such as CRRT- continuous, hemodialysis, hypothermia, Intra-aortic balloon pump, ICP-intracranial pressure monitoring, and proning are also treatment options provided.
- The MSICU receives patients postarrest and are a part of the Code Blue and Rapid Response Team.
- Intensive and supportive care is not only provided to the patient but to the family and significant other.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Associates degree in Nursing, or BSN and/or active pursuit of advanced degree or specialty certification preferred.
- State Board of Nursing Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS certification required.
- 0-1 year Registered Nursine experience preferred.
Required Skills: Strong Verbal Communications Skills, Strong Written Communications Skills, Excellent
Interpersonal Skills, General Clerical Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Excellent Organizational Skills, Strong
Customer Services Skills, Proven Analytical Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.