Sr. DB2 DBA
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
WHO OUR CLIENT IS:
- Fortune 100 Financial Services Company
- 100-year history of dedication to customer satisfaction, success and growth
- Tremendous growth and new business strategy leading to the need for new talent
- Significant investments in cutting-edge technology
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Culture: Excellent work environment that fosters collaboration
- Growth: Ability to make an impact on the direction of the organization
- Opportunity: Gain hands-on experience working with cutting-edge technology
- Stability: Recent financial performance of the company has reported record profits
WHERE THE POSITION IS LOCATED:
- Iselin, NJ
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- DB2 Database Administrator to implement and administer databases within a multi-tiered environment.
- DBA will play a critical role in design, build, implementation, upgrade and optimization of DB2 databases in an z/OS environment.
- Support DB2. Monitor/maintain/upgrade DB2 database and assist application team with performance tuning initiatives and builds.
- Interface with business analysts and application developers to create and maintain physical data models.
- DB2 Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor and tune databases to ensure peak performance.
- Design/implement backup and recovery solutions.
- Provide assistance to associates to resolve technical issues
- Document and implement best practices for the database environments.
- Establish standards, controls and procedures to ensure data integrity and security.
- Perform capacity planning and projection for future growths. Provide on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Helping with Data Modeling, Physical & Logical Data Model Diagrams
- Implement new database instances, create indexes, performance
- System DBA Tasks, Table Space maintenance, backup/restore, run stats /reorg, database migrations and upgrades.
HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED:
- Proficient in administering and tuning DB2 databases in a z/OS environment
- Proficient in administering and tuning DB2 on z/OS environment, experience with administering/tuning multi-partition databases preferred
- Significant experience with database backup/recovery strategies
- Technical expertise on current Linux and z/OS operating systems preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills 5-7 years of Information