Crisis Intervention Specialist (Bilingual).
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide crisis de-escalation to children and families, in the community. Provide short-term and intensive case management services for up to 8 weeks following the initial crisis.
- Deliver Crisis Response Services according to the schedule prepared by his/her Supervisor, and provide specific services and interventions for up to 72 hours as specified by his/her Supervisor
- Provide clinical interventions to children and families in crisis following the Child Behavioral Health Services Model and Protocols
- Comply with the Child Behavioral Health Services reporting requirements within the time constraints established
- Achieve certification in utilizing the Crisis Assessment Tool (CAT) and the Individual Crisis Plan (ICP)
- Complete an initial assessment of the client’s needs based on program requirements and develop an ICP
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of treatment provided to assigned clients and their families to assure a quality record
- Successfully engages and relates effectively with clients, family, community representatives, outside agencies and other referral sources
- Provide back-up on a needed basis to Family Intervention Specialist and Family Support Workers when other crisis teams are unavailable
- Report directly to and be supervised by the Program Coordinator and/or Program Supervisor. Seek and use supervision in a professional fashion.
- Carry out job responsibilities in keeping with contractual requirements
- Learn and use the Absolute and Anasazi Software programs that are used by the State system
- Strive to implement the best practices currently in the field
- Comply with all Council on Accreditation Standards of Catholic Charities
- Attend staff meetings; work cooperatively with staff; participate with all team assignments established by supervisor; serve on professional committees as required by administration
- Provide additional services as assigned by supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in human behavioral science, such as social work, psychology, sociology, guidance and counseling and child development. A strong commitment to families and children. At least one year of experience (three years preferred) providing crisis treatment services to children/teens/families. Bilingual preferred.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid driver’s license
Complete Online Application
If you are unable to complete the online application at this time,
please click “APPLY NOW”, send in your resume and we will be in contact with next steps!