Partner with NPSG management team to attain safety excellence within our workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Territory Safety Manager is responsible for the management and supervision of safety activities at NPSG project locations throughout their assigned territory. The Territory Safety Manager must be knowledgeable about safety regulations and best practices in a wide variety of work environments and be able to engage and advise our project teams relative to NPSG’s safety program.
The Territory Safety Manager’s duties include but are not limited to: enforcing OSHA standards at NPSG project locations, job site safety walk-throughs, writing safety reports, conducting safety training, evaluating forklift operators and scissor lift operators, performing Job Safety Analyses and accident investigations. Additional duties include performing safety audits, pre-task planning for high-risk work tasks, writing site-specific safety programs, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment, emergency response and incident management and safety program development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel by air or vehicle to NPSG project locations between 80% - 100%.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams. Microsoft Access is also preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and as a team member.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s or associate degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or prior work experience as a Safety Manager or similar role equaling (3 -5 years) occupational health and safety experience.
Certification is not mandatory but proves the candidate’s proficiency. Some of these include the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 500 or Associate Safety Professionals (ASP), Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) certification, Competent Person Fall Protection certified preferred, as well as certified trainer for forklift and scissor lift preferred.