Requisition Number: SENIO01107
The JR286 Senior Product Developer (or Product Engineer for candidates who hold an Engineering degree) is responsible for providing the innovation and execution of world-class concepts through research, ideation, prototype, and development processes. In this role, you will communicate across cross-functional partners to ensure the successful execution of JR286’s accessories products.
- Manage projects for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the applicable calendar under the guidance of the Product Engineering/Development Management.
- Partner with Design to proactively manage the styling, material and trim requirements relative to manufacturability, performance, quality, cost, lead-times and minimums.
- Oversee the delivery and evaluation of quality lab dips/print strike-offs and communicate comments to vendor.
- Collaborate with Design team to ensure successful execution of requirements and construction; problem solve as required.
- Work with Design and vendors to effectively solve and communicate any development issues.
- Responsible for product specs/tech packs for all styles and communication to factory partners from concept to buy-ready stage.
- Ensure all development documentation is maintained for assigned styles, including product specs/tech packs, proto notes and final specification.
- Maintain and finalize Bill of Materials/Tech Pack for assigned styles.
- Supervise the accuracy of development tracking reports information and availability for meetings in order to confirm that calendar dates and timelines are being adhered to.
- Provide direction to the Development team to conduct seasonal product analysis against competitive brands to ensure JR286 continues to offer product that utilizes world class materials, construction, fit and performance.
- Lead value/cost engineering and final costing negotiations with vendors to meet/exceed margin expectations and maximize profit.
- Monitor the on-time delivery and quality of prototypes, salesman and pre-production samples.
- Communicate to vendors, agents, manufacturers, Product Team, and/or Sales any discrepancies or revisions to styles.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years’ Accessories/Equipment development experience.
- Interpersonal skills a must
- Knowledge of costing, fitting, grading, construction and technologies relevant to performance Apparel/Accessories/Footwear is necessary.
- Strong understanding of design, development and product management process from inception through production.
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions; high aesthetic taste level.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to anticipate and troubleshoot issues of consequence to quality and delivery with ease.
- Proactive, and result driven.
- Strong communication, organization, problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Self-starter, team player, strong follow up skills, and sense of urgency. Must be deadline oriented.
- Must be willing to learn or grow within an intense, fast paced environment. Able to take on projects without assistance or supervision.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, MS Outlook, Illustrator.
- Domestic and overseas travel is required and is scheduled/planned as per project status or seasonal requirements (3-4 overseas is typical).
- College degree in Mechanical Engineering/Textile Design/Development or related industry experience.
- Capable of operating in a fast paced, dynamic and evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy communicating with all levels
- Excels in effective time management and able to work effectively in a team environment