Requisition Number: SRACC01108
JR286 is seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our team in Torrance. In this role, you will oversee a full range of accounting responsibilities for multiple supporting entities and emerging businesses within the JR286 umbrella of brands. Duties will include partnering with the leaders of these businesses, receiving and paying bills, receiving and posting customer cash, as well as Treasury and GL accounting and reporting, all while developing and implementing process improvements and working with and mentoring the broader team. The right candidate will be interested in this opportunity to learn and perform all operational functions of the accounting process.
What You’ll Do
- Perform all aspects of full cycle accounting procedures (A/P, A/R, G/L, month-end close) for multiple legal entities.
- Maintain various monthly, quarterly, and annual filings for multiple entities, including the Statement of Information, sales/use tax, business license renewals, property and business taxes, and/or other returns or filings as needed.
- Assist with all the treasury functions, including opening and closing bank accounts, cash flow, line of credit management, funds transfers etc.
- Work closely with the owner’s personal advisors to ensure all transactions for various subsidiaries not related to the core business are properly recorded.
- Facilitate and assist with timely and accurate monthly close procedures for various subsidiaries.
- Propose, record and post AP, AR and month-end journal entries.
- Assist in monitoring and establishing internal controls.
- Research and follow up on missing support.
- Assist with preparation of schedules, supporting documentation and financial statements.
- Analyze, prepare, upload various journal entries and reconcile schedules to the general ledger accounts, including cash/bank reconciliations, prepaids, fixed assets and depreciation, inventory, etc.
- Calculate royalties for various athletes and organizations.
- Prepare and upload duty and freight information.
- Work with auditors for Inventory counts.
- Analyze and reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports, analytics, reconciliations, schedules, and projects as needed.
- Will be responsible for a few entities accounting from beginning to the end.
- Other duties as assigned.
What to Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP.
- 5+ years in accounting/finance experience.
- Reliable, detailed oriented, organized, analytical, multi-tasker.
- Strong Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs) and other Microsoft applications skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use discretion as responsibilities may be related to owner’s various other entities.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Self-starter, ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility in dealing with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with contract review/analysis, sales-, business-, tax calculation-, filings experience, and commission calculations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance.
Nice to Have
- Oracle experience.
- Financial statement preparation, consolidation, audit experience.
- Foreign currency experience.
- Managing multiple entities.