How would you like to be a part of AmSty’s mission of enhancing lives through materials and know-how in a responsible and sustainable manner?
At AmSty, our team of dynamic associates are continuously leading AmSty to be the top integrated producer of polystyrene and styrene monomer. Our size and geographic footprint allow us to provide solutions to our broad range of customers.
At AmSty, our success is based on world-scale production technology and supply chain capability. All of our dedicated associates possess a strong continuing focus on safety, reliability and environmental compliance.
Open the door to your future at AmSty!
The primary role of this position will be to coordinate MRO material activities at assigned AmSty plant.
The position will have responsibility for deployment of all necessary strategies and work processes to maintain an effective MRO function. The position will require an extensive working knowledge of best practices in the industry and will be responsible for implementing defined strategies to insure the organization is properly leveraging overall MRO spend across all sites.
- Coordinate activities of MRO Stores at specific locations following established business rules; activities include security, loss prevention, layout and lighting.
- Implement defined strategies and best practices at assigned site while improving service levels.
- Work with Reliability Engineers to identify materials needed for critical spares inventory and submit new material requests as needed.
- Catalogue all sites MRO materials to minimize plant-level involvement for all maintenance activities.
- Ensure SAP MRO data are accurate and apply master data governance principles.
- Maintain access to and control of MRO materials providing appropriate availability and timely service level.
- Participate in internal/external audits of MRO systems and processes.
- Manage delivery dates on open purchase orders and advise interested parties of significant changes.
- Reporting and monitoring MRO activities in SAP.
- Analyzes surplus/scrap/obsolete materials and initiates the investment recovery process for MRO related materials.
- Conduct annual physical inventory and weekly cycle counting.
- Manage MRO processes including but not limited to returns, reservations, back orders and repairs.
- Manage on-site MRO material vending, zoned and regular stores operations.
- Acts as a SAP subject matter expert for co-workers.
- Procurement group liaison for assigned site.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- The successful candidate has 2 to 5 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment with an extensive working knowledge of MRO materials/inventory management, experience in SAP PTP module and best practices within the industry.
- The MRO Material Specialist must possess the following core competencies and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Engineering strongly preferred.
- Experience in MRO Materials and Supply Chain.
- Proficiency with all applications within Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel.
- Accurate and timely report generation and analysis using SAP and HANA tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; effective cross-functional negotiating and facilitation skills.
- Strategic and tactical mindset; fact-based approach to problem solving; solid analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/goals to meet the needs of the sites and the businesses. Must be the consummate team player and be able to work effectively across multiple departments and with external business partners that include a variety of cultures, personalities and at times competing priorities.
- Ability to interface and communicate clearly and effectively (both orally and written) across all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Desire to continuously learn new skills and apply new processes.
- Fork lift certification preferred.
- This position requires minimal travel.
Americas Styrenics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AmSty is a leading integrated producer of polystyrene and styrene monomer, offering solutions and services to customers in a variety of markets throughout the Americas. Positioned as the second largest polystyrene producer and the third largest styrene producer in the Americas, AmSty brings competitive and technological advantages to its customers. AmSty is a joint venture equally owned by Trinseo LLC and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP.