This position can be 100% Remote
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services, and is a division of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are the CCH® ProSystem fx® Suite, CCH Axcess™, CCH® IntelliConnect®, CCH® IntelliConnect Direct, CCH® Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US has locations in Dallas, Wichita, New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago and Torrance.
The digital future has arrived, and the tax and accounting professions are changing rapidly. Professionals today have different needs, expectations and capabilities. In addition to accuracy, they need greater mobility, simplicity and speed. These needs place a premium on access to active intelligence, agile systems and integrated workflow solutions -- in short “Best in Process“ solutions. This is precisely the value that Wolters Kluwer, Tax & Accounting US delivers to professionals.
The Software Architect provides overall technical leadership for the development of a portfolio of large-scale, web-based, customer-facing software products. Collaborate with peer Architects, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Tech Leads and Software Engineers to deliver high-quality SaaS products to the market. Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, driving the application design and overseeing its implementation.
Serve as the Architect for products that involve multiple business owners, concurrent work streams, and geographically distributed Agile teams. Provides direction to Software Engineers and Tech Leads but does not have direct managerial responsibilities.
- Translates complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs
- Develops high-level application designs and directs detailed design work of developers
- Develops proofs-of-concept and prototypes to validate and compare design alternatives
- Makes technology selection decisions based on the prioritized quality attributes of the desired systems
- Ensure that the desired non-functional requirements are attributes of the system from concept to release.
- Develops reference architectures, coding samples, and QA strategies
- Performs cost/benefit and trade-off analyses of design alternatives
- Defines high-level development tasks, provides estimates, and identifies skills necessary for implementation
- Guides software engineers in the implementation of selected designs and strategies
- Performs code reviews of critical parts of the systems
- Collaborates with IT operations teams in the design of deployments environments and in the automation of deployments processes
- Recommends strategies for SaaS monitoring, performance improvements, and capacity planning
- Helps IT operations teams in troubleshooting and solving SaaS production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is a plus
- Minimum of 3
• years of architect or tech lead experience with customer-facing, large-scale, web-based applications
- Minimum 5
• years of experience as an application developer implementing web applications
- Experience in developing cloud applications for Azure using both IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Strong knowledge of XML, XSLT, and XPATH
- Experience with designing, implementing, and tuning databases such as: MS-SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cosmos
- Experience using security technologies, such as: Identity Server, SAML, JWT, Open ID Connect, and OAuth
- Experience with middleware technologies such as Redis; RabbitMQ or Enterprise Bus and/or other queuing technologies.
- Experience with web application hosting, deployment, and the management and optimization of the related IT infrastructures
- Experience working within Scaled Agile Framework or large multi-site, Agile environments
- Strong knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns. Microservices experience is a plus
- Experience using UML is a plus
- Excellent application design and analysis skills
- High energy and motivation
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Able to explain clearly the benefits of architectural approaches in terms of business value
- Proven teamwork skills
- Ability to actively listen to o