Providence is calling a Cardiac Ultrasound Sonographer (Full time/Day shift) at Providence Little Company Of Mary Torrance Hospital in Torrance, CA.
We are seeking a Cardiac Ultrasound Sonographer who will perform noninvasive echocardiograms and assist with transesophageal echocardiograms for use in the diagnosis of cardiovascular disease. Provide patient care to the following age groups: premature infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults. Communicate effectively to other staff members and physicians.
In this position you will:
- Adhere to policies and procedures included in employee handbook, safety and security manual, human resources manual, department manual, HEICS manual, administrative policy/procedure manual
- Perform diagnostic 2D, M-mode, and cardiac doppler echocardiograms on adult and pediatric patients. Perform stress echocardiograms (both treadmill and pharmacologic) and transesophageal echocardiograms under the direct supervision of a physician. Recognize significant disease and perform appropriate measurements and documentation. Analyze and calculate data obtained and communicate this information to the medical and nursing staffs
- Properly identify patients, labeling exam materials and completing logbooks, computer records, and other documentation appropriately and in a timely manner. Notify physicians in a timely manner of completed tests requiring their review, including significant findings affecting patient care
- Able to schedule departmental procedures
- Effectively troubleshoot equipment. Maintain equipment supplies and keep equipment clean
- Remain current with skills and education needed for new procedures and technologies as they are added to the departmental duties
- Assist physicians in performing treadmills and cardiolyte treadmills, including proper preparation, hook-up and education of the patient and notification of other departments involved
- Correctly hook-up Holter monitors. Scan Holter recordings and compile appropriate reports for physician review
- Perform 12 lead and Late Potential Signal Averaged EKGs using appropriate hook-ups, settings, and operation of equipment
- Prepare EKGs for review by physicians, perform editing of reviewed tracings, and distribute results of confirmed tests appropriately
- Able to schedule cardiac procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of hospital information system by quick, accurate and proper utilization of the various modalities within the department
- Maintain confidentiality of patients records in oral and written form. No breaches of confidentiality to patient, family or co-workers
- Maintain accurate and complete logs and records for easy retrieval and comparison
- Assume responsibility and accountability for own professional growth and practice. Completion of all mandatory safety, fire, HEICS and hazardous material classes as well as 30 continuing education units over a three year rolling period
- Attend bimonthly staff meetings
- Ability to learn and apply new techniques, procedures and protocols as required
- Maintain accurate and complete continuous monitoring of specific logs as assigned
- Responsible for knowledge of and compliance with department budget
- Budget time to complete exams in a proficient and productive manner
- Conservative use of all supplies. Recycle when appropriate
- Certification of completion of cardiac ultrasound sonographer course
- Current Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) certificate
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Two (2) years experience in an acutehospital setting, Cardiac Clinic, or physician office
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Womenâs and Childrenâs Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.