Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have hundreds of thousands active monthly businesses from 200+ countries around the world. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About the Role:
Reporting to a Manager, Product Design, the Product Designer will play a central role in simplifying and improving our customers’ financial lives by deeply understanding their needs, envisioning thoughtful and effortless design solutions, and working collaboratively with a dedicated delivery team to bring them to reality.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- Be curious and connect with our customers by conducting interviews and collecting feedback — user research plays a pivotal role in helping us feel the burdens of entrepreneurs.
- Collaborate closely with your teammates in product management, engineering, customer success, and data to develop a deep awareness of the product domain, business strategy and market opportunity, technical capabilities and constraints, and more
- Apply your ability to distill complex and disparate information to map out user flow, help the team visualise your solution, and begin to bring it to life
- Continue leading the design process to build out interactive wireframes and visually engaging high fidelity prototypes for use in user testing and soliciting feedback
- Work in the open, share, and iterate your designs based on input from collaborators, with a deep focus on simplicity, elegance, and ease of use, while being mindful of practicality and the need to work at pace
You'll thrive here if you have:
- 4+ years of product and/or UX design experience
- A portfolio that showcases your excellent understanding of interface and interaction design, fundamental visual design principles like typography and layout, and product thinking, with a web, responsive, or mobile focus
- Demonstrated ability to bring clarity and ease of understanding to a conceptually complex domain
- Strong and effective communication skills — one on one or in group settings, articulating design decisions, leading review sessions, and explaining difficult concepts to others is second nature
- Initiative to dive in and confidently start solving challenges, and the ownership to see things through from initial concept to deploy
- Experience working on an agile delivery team and a track record of successfully shipping a project to production
- Detailed working understanding of the technical underpinnings of modern software, and awareness of what is possible and feasible
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and the flexibility to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment where formal requirements or design guidelines may not always be readily available
- Bonus points: Ability to implement your designs in frontend code, experience working with or directly contributing to a formal design system.
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.