Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi.
We are looking for a customer success professional to help build and lead Coursera's scaled success practice using a combination of technology, automated processes and human touch. In this role, you will manage a global team of Scaled Customer Success Managers and own revenue responsibility for renewals for the scaled segment. As a member of the Customer Success Leadership Team, you will be responsible for setting strategy, driving execution and maintaining culture across the global team.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Own end-to-end customer journey for global customers in the scaled segment
- Hire, develop, inspire and retain a team of high performing CSMs
- Define the scaled success strategy and methodology for the segment using technology and systems as well as human touch points to drive success and renewal.
- Work cross-functionally with product, implementation and operations teams to improve processes and drive adoption / value.
- Travel up to 20% to visit distributed team members
- 3+ years of experience leading scaled customer success teams with strong track record of driving revenue retention
- Strong management and leadership experience (ideally across different cultures and geographies)
- Extensive experience with technology and systems; knows how to run 1-to-many programs to manage touch-points across the customer journey for high volume / low value accounts
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, high-growth environments
- Renewal forecasting, contract negotiation, pipeline management, process orientation
- A passion for education, education reform, and interest in working for a social enterprise
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- AI for Everyone
- Learning how to Learn
- Influencing People
- Introduction to Negotiation