Clearbanc co-founders Michele Romanow and Andrew D’Souza knew there had to be a better way to fund your business than staking your house or sacrificing ownership of your company.
Michele and Andrew deeply understand the pains of building a business; Michele bootstrapped five companies, one which was acquired by Groupon, and sits on the other side of the table as a judge on “Dragon’s Den,” Canada’s equivalent of “Shark Tank.” Andrew, meanwhile, has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for multiple startups and is an investor and advisor to many others.
They've seen the broken funding process from all sides, and the idea for Clearbanc was inspired by their own experiences and struggles building companies and working with other entrepreneurs.
Clearbanc has invested in thousands of companies using data science to identify high-growth funding opportunities. This data-driven approach takes the bias out of decision making. Clearbanc has funded 8x more female founders than traditional VCs, and has invested in 43 states in the US in 2019.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We're a company built by founders for founders, and we’re laser focused on our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed. You'll get the chance to work closely with people who have built, scaled and sold companies before.
While we're obsessed with our vision, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We don’t know all the answers, so we’re constantly experimenting and learning together.
Clearbanc is going through an exciting growth phase. We’ve just closed a $300M round and we're looking for the right people to join #TeamClearbanc. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person looking to make an impact while getting exposure to fintech and learning what it takes to build a successful startup.
We aren’t your typical growth and marketing team, in fact, I will go out on a limb and say that this is the most unique job available to a software engineer in Toronto.
We are looking for a software engineer experienced in web development, comfortable with both front-end and server-side technologies, that can work on our dynamic team to help us hit our aggressive revenue targets for 2019 and beyond.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Here’s why this job is so amazing:
- For the most part, you can pick your tools as the majority of your work will be greenfield and free of legacy dependencies.
- You will work on projects that are directly connected to revenue.
- You will be able to walk away in 5 years with “Built X, Y and Z that generated 10M in revenue for Clearbanc” on your resume.
- You get to work directly with the growth and marketing team, affording you the freedom to experiment and make a direct impact on our company’s growth.
- You get to be a part of one of the best tech teams in the country, absorbing and contributing to our engineering practices and learning initiatives to add to your arsenal of technical skills.
WHAT WILL YOU BE WORKING ON?
- Here are some typical projects you will own:
- Developing micro-sites and conversion tools with our Marketing Designer and Head of Content. The best example would be https://www.20mintermsheet.com/.
- Implementing A/B testing strategies across multiple applications to see if certain ideas on a page convert better than others, along with the tracking system to measure them.
- Writing scripts to pull data from different sources and stitch them together for analysis or enrichment.
- Building a landing page framework to support our international go to market team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You should definitely apply if:
- You have started a business or built an app in the past that has failed
- You want to learn how to drive revenue, not just build shiny things
- You want to work with a cross-functional team of marketers, designers and engineers
- You agree with the following statement: “It would be boring if there were no problems or challenges in life. Figuring out how to solve them makes life worth living.”
- Please don’t apply if:
- You like designing things from first principles with ample time to evaluate and plan your solutions
- You would rather write your own library than use an existing one
- You are so obsessed with clean code that it slows you down
- You want to know exactly what you will be working on next week
- You should be comfortable completing the following tasks:
- Build database-backed REST APIs that fuel web applications
- Take a Sketch/Illustrator design and turn it into HTML + CSS
- Come up with creative technical solutions to achieve high-level growth milestones
- Work with a host of analytics and tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Amplitude, Segment, etc) to measure conversion, attribution, etc.
- Estimate your time and hold yourself accountable
- Great healthcare benefits
- Convenient Downtown Toronto location
- Monthly Clearbanc Social Club
- Lunch and Learns
- Friday drinks and demos
- Free daily team lunch from the best Toronto restaurants
- Free snacks and drinks
- Work with a kick-ass team with unparalleled leadership (Michele Romanow - Dragons’ Den, Andrew D’Souza - Angel Investor)
- Lots of responsibility and opportunity to see your impact on the company
Check out our Instagram to see what life is like at #TeamClearbanc
Submit your resume, cover letter, and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role. Resumes sent without a video will not be considered.
_ _ _ _ _
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected class.