Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have hundreds of thousands active monthly businesses from 200+ countries around the world. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About the Team:
We are looking for a Software Engineering Lead to join our Core Systems team and help build the critical central services that underpin all of Wave.
About Technology at Wave:
Our site is not built using a single technology. Our primary toolkit is Python with Django, PostgreSQL, and TypeScript with React and Redux. Culture of shared ownership via code reviews, blameless postmortems, and learning opportunities such as mentorship programs.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- Split time between hands-on development and engineering management (all our managers write software)
- Manage a team of several strong engineers
- Lead architecture, development and maintenance of product systems and software
- Mentor your team and grow their technical and organizational skills
- Lead project scoping, planning, and sequencing of the execution of work
- Set standards and lead by example in showing how to deliver with quality at pace
- Manage the (agile) development process by giving your team enough oversight to keep things on track while still keeping the process structure light
You'll thrive here if you have:
- 5+ years experience building software
- Python experience is an asset but not required
- Experience in leading technical projects from inception to delivery
- You can continuously ship valuable features without letting tech debt pile up or letting standards slip
- Able to operate and monitor highly available systems in production, or willing to quickly learn how to do so
- You’re thoughtful, meticulous, and you take care of all the little details — but you move fast and don’t get bogged down
- Experience with web applications and/or distributed systems development
- You can take in a multitude of data, opinions, and feedback, and then make the right decision
- You’re pragmatic and delight in getting results out tech, not just in the tech itself
- You’d rather solve a problem with a find+xargs+sed one-liner than a Hadoop cluster
- You have an interest in platforms, infrastructure, and APIs
- You ship things, and they are good
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.